Frequently Asked Question
How does ZipLunch work?
- 3 simple steps:
- 1 – 8:30 – 9:30 AM: ZipLunch will e-mail or SMS you the various lunch options of the day. It will be the same options that your office team get too.
- 2 – By 10;30-10:45am AM: Reply back to the SMS, email or order online before the daily cut-off time to place your order.
- 3 – 12:30 pm – 01:00 pm PM: Lunch is delivered to your office pickup spot, and you will be noticed by e-mail or SMS it has arrived.
How do I get ZipLunch started at my office?
- To get ZipLunch in your office, we just need 10 people in your location to sign up. Help us spread the word with your co-workers and receive points towards free lunch. If your office has less than 10 employees you can still get ZipLunch. Just send us an email at email@example.com and we will try to group you with a nearby office. You can also suggest other nearby offices that you know that would like to try ZipLunch, and we can team you up with them to pool your delivery.
How do i order?
- You can place your order with ZipLunch by replying to our daily SMS message or email. Once you have placed your order, you will get an confirmation that the order is placed.
What are the types of meals offered?
- We provide upto 12 meal options per day from 3 different restaurants, and every day the selection and restaurants are different. By the end of the week, you will have up to 60 different meal options that you could have selected from.
- How do I personalize my meal options?
- When you first sign up, you will have to complete your food personality profile. This is where you can tell us what you like and don’t like. We will do our best to provide options that fit your profile.
How will I know if my order has been placed?
- You will receive an order confirmation via SMS once your order has been placed. We will also email you a payment receipt confirming your order details.
- How will I know if there was a problem with the payment?
- If there is a problem with the payment method we have on file, we will send you a message to update your payment information soon after you have placed your order. You can log on to our website and update your payment information. Once it is updated the order will be confirmed with your confirmation notice.
Can I order in advance?
- Yes for sure! The week’s menu is sent over the weekend. You can pre-order and edit your orders at any time.
Can I cancel my order once it has been placed?
- Yes, you can cancel your order any time before the daily cut-off time by replying with the word “CANCEL” you can also do this online on your profile page. We will then either refund the method of payment we have on file or provide you with ZipLunch credits for use on your next order.
Are the meal options always the same?
- NO WAY ! We provide up to 15 restaurants per week with 60 meal options and we rotate our restaurants regularly.
- Do you ever run out of lunch items?
- Unfortunately yes, we do sell out sometimes as the restaurants can only make a certain number of meals – but this does not happen too often. If you see an item on the menu that you don’t want to miss, you can always order as soon as you get the meal options sent to you. If we see an item is always getting sold out, we will request that the restaurant have more of those meals available.
Can I customize my order?
- No, unfortunately, you can’t, but we will provide meals that fit your food personality profile.
- Are there minimum delivery amounts or delivery fees?
- NOPE! You pay the amount you see only. There are no delivery fees or minimums.
How will I know when my food has been delivered?
- You will receive an SMS or email notification message once your food has been delivered to its designated pickup spot.
- Do I need to be available to pick up my food when it is delivered?
- That is not necessary! Your orders will be delivered to the ZipLunch pickup spot at your office. You will be sent a message to let you know that you can go and pick it up. Go quick, someone else may pick it up!
What do I do if I am not happy with any part of my ZipLunch experience?
- Contact us immediately! We want to hear all about it so that we can fix the problem asap. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I rate my meal?
- Please do! We send you a message after about an hour of the meal being delivered. Just reply with a score from 1-5 (5 being delicious). You can also comment on the website on your profile page.
to start your ZipLunch experience